Intra-company Transfer Visa

The Intra-company Transfer visa (previously known as Tier 2 Intra-company visa) is available for individuals who work for multinational companies that wish to relocate and work in a UK branch of the organisation.

Our immigration solicitors offer a full service to individuals who want to pursue this visa route, providing clear cut legal support and advice to make your proposed transition to a new place of work as easy as possible.

Who is eligible for an Intra-company visa?

If you want to apply for an intra-company visa you must:

  • Perform a job role that’s on the eligibility list
  • Have worked for your employer outside the UK (how long for depends on your salary and visa you require)
  • Be in possession of a valid certificate of sponsorship provided by your employer
  • Receive the eligible salary required for your job

Your employer will be able to provide you with a certificate of sponsorship, which is in electronic form. This will contain a reference number which you can use in your visa application. Once you receive your certificate you have a maximum of 3 months to apply for your visa.

If you are unsure whether you meet the above criteria, the our team can assess your eligibility and prepare and submit your application where needed.

How long must you be in employment outside the UK?

A key requirement of an intra-company visa is that you must have worked for the company outside of the UK. The length of time depends on how much you’re paid and the type of visa you are applying for:

  • Intra-company Transfer (earning less than £73,900 a year): 12 months
  • Intra-company Transfer (earning £73,900 a year or more): no minimum time
  • Intra-company Graduate Trainee: 3 months

Intra-company Graduate Trainee visa applicants must have worked for your employer for the 3 months immediately before the date you submit your application. Our immigration team can verify which of these categories is most suitable for you.

How much salary do you need to earn?

Every job role has its own annual salary requirements. For example, if you want to apply for an Intra-company Transfer visa, you must receive at least £41,500, or what is viewed as the ‘going rate’ for your job – whichever figure is higher.

As another example, Intra-company Graduate Trainee visa applicants must receive a minimum of £23,000, or 70% of the ‘going rate’ for your type of position – whichever figure is higher.

This is something our immigration solicitors advise on and can clarify whether you meet the salary requirements and which visa is most suitable for you.

Why choose us?

We are well-positioned to successfully manage your application for an Intra-company Transfer visa. We will liaise with the Home Office, and work closely with your employers to ensure they are involved and understand the process from start to finish.

Call us today for a confidential chat on 0800 170 7070 or contact us here to see how our solicitors can help.


Contact us using our contact form by selecting a service from the drop down list below.